Saturday, September 4, 2010

new safari options

Two emails this morning, one from Sunny Safaris and one from Peter Tours. Both have similiar itineraries. To be fair, I filled in a form on Sunny's website rather than write out an email with all my questions which may have affected the response which was to quote prices for 2 people/4 people only.

Peter Tours is run by a local man who came up through the Kili ranks - porter - guide. I get a good feeling from his email. He is offering a private safari for $1400 USD (cheap!) or a group of 4 for $680 USD p/p. How I wish I could find one other person and pay something in between so we're not crammed into the jeep. The drawbacks of being a solo traveller!

Anyway, it's a load off my mind to have a new plan. I tossed and turned last night. I'm sure it is easy to find a safari in one day in Arusha but I didn't want to do that - apparently sellers hound you relentlessly as you walk down the street. How to judge the company on the fly? It would be lousy to end up with a bad experience.