Monday, August 23, 2010

fleece

Once again I am obsessing about fleece. I have lost some weight since Peru and my old trekking clothes are hanging on me. I have plenty of long underwear and base layers but nothing to go on top. (Thank you, H, for lending me your ski pants!) MEC is not getting their winter stuff in until October. Europe Bound makes me nuts and is over-priced. I am reluctant to purchase clothing online and besides, often they won't ship it to Canada or will charge huge courier costs. I'll have to try the Europe Bound outlet store, Altitude (the newly purchased Coast Mountain Sports), Sporting Life and Higher Ground by telephoning them. (Their websites are hopeless!)

I've rented a down jacket from the trekking company which I am sure I'll appreciate at the end of the day when I'm tired and standing still.