Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Insulated bottles

"Add a Sigg style metal/aluminium water bottles to your Kilimanjaro equipment list. Why? They double as hot water bottles at night. (All water on Kilimanjaro needs to be boiled for drinking, and your team should boil a big tub every night to fill all bottles.)

Wrap any damp clothing items that you want to dry around the bottle and shove it in the bottom of your sleeping bag before you climb in. Bliss, and your clothes are dry in the morning."
(MountKilimanjaroGuide.com)

My problem is I am cheap, cheap and Sigg bottles are very expensive. But I am having trouble finding 1 liter insulated bottles so if Europe Bound doesn't have anything cheaper, I may as well get funky Sigg bottles. It's cold on summit night (sometimes minus 20 depending on the wind chill) and I don't think I want to be staring at bottles of ice.